Wow, I hadn't realized it has been nearly two weeks since I last updated the blog. We have been busy lately finishing up things as we prepare to head back home. I didn't seem real until yesterday when our replacements arrived here in Mosul. It was a great moment as I watched the doc replacing me step off the C-130 and onto the tarmac at the airfield. I haven't felt that good in over 6 months.
It has been 183 days seen I left Christen and the kids early in the morning on the 28th of February. And now with each passing day the excitement continues to build. It has gone from months ... to weeks ... and now finally to days until I'll be returning back home to San Antonio. As of right now I am scheduled to fly out of Iraq next Thursday, September 3rd. I'll spend 1 day in Kuwait, and then fly from Kuwait to Ft. Benning in Georgia on September 5th. And if things go smoothly I should be back home in Texas by September 7th. I'll keep you all updated as I prepare for the long journey back to America.

9 comments:
We can't wait to have you back on American soil bud! Stay safe and travel safe!
Pete, We are very proud of you and all you do for our country. And we look forward to hearing of your safe return home! Love from East Taunton; Matt, Erica and Kyle
Yay!!! Can't wait to have you back home Pete!
Looking forward to Disney!!!
Love you!
That's great dude, just in time for the J-E-T-S season to start. Get home safe.
The D's
Have a safe trip home Pete! We are all looking forward to your return,and having you back safely on US ground!
Best update in 6 months! Glad to hear the next round has arrived, hope they stay safe as well. Can't wait to here that you arrived safe and sound.
September 7th is Labor Day. How nice that you will be home for the holiday. Thank you and all your fellow soldiers for keeping America the wonderful place that it is. God bless all of you. Mary & Dennis
Be safe Pete. We are all so proud of you.
Peter, have safe journey, God bless you and God bless America...We are so proud of you...mom and dad
Post a Comment