Monday, July 20, 2009

Day# 144 - Cigar Extravaganza

A little over a week ago I received six packages in the mail and after looking at the return address I realized I had no idea who the person was. Inside the boxes were cigars ... lots of cigars ... probably around 200 cigars or so. After making a few phone calls I finally found out that the person who sent the cigars was a friend of a friend of a friend, who had found out that me and the boys like to enjoy a cigar from time to time over here in Iraq. Well, it turns out this person spread the word to a few of his buddies who then proceeded to send him cigars. He then compiled them and sent them all to me. The cigars came from people all across the U.S. and even Canada.


Their timing was perfect because this past Saturday my unit gathered for a dinner to celebrate the approaching half way point of the deployment (the doctors and nurses are switching out at 6 months but the majority of the unit is staying for 12-15 months). I wanted to share these cigars with the rest of the guys, and besids there were way too many for me to smoke before I left. So I set up the cigars on some tables and let people pick and choose what they wanted. Everybody loved it and it was a great opportunity to initiate some new members into the cigar smoking club.

I have includedsome pictures below and just wanted to thank all the guys from CigarAficianado.com and CigarOutcast.com for their tremendous genorousity. This was a really big morale booster for our soldiers over here and a great reminder of how great a nation we are fighting for.








8 comments:

Mom said...

So glad you guys liked the Cigars! And a huge THANK YOU to Pete Noel, son of my friend and co-worker Vicki who put this whole thing together and really made it happen so quickly and smoothly! I am overwhelmed at you and your friends doing this for Pete and his colleagues. Thank you so much!

Mike Z said...

Awesome! That's a ton of cigars, amazing how generous people are. Hope you and the team had a good dinner.

James Olender said...

That is awesome! Any Fuente Fuente Opus X's in there? Enjoy them boys...obviously well deserved!!!

Mary said...

Great to read something nice after the incoming rockets and and earthquake. It is always nice to read that Americans care about our soldiers .and that our soldiers are so appreciative. God bless America and all of it's soldiers.

Steve Cohen said...

Good to see my Petite Monti Edmundos got completely scooped up. Enjoy them all.

Pete Noel said...

Pete C.:

I'm glad to see you and the other troops enjoying the cigars! I hope you continue to enjoy them as I have another box of them heading out to you tomorrow. Welcome to the newest BOTL!

Pete N.

Suzanne said...

VERY COOL!!!! And you guys deserved it. Thanks for capturing that on the blog.

Anonymous said...

mv视频聊天首页 , 想聊视频 , 6699台湾辣妹视讯聊天室 , 视频聊天室 , 9158跳舞吧 , 依依聊视频聊天室 , 都秀聊天大厅 , 陌生随机聊天 , 久久同城视频聊天室 , 天上人间聊天视频