I took some time off this morning to go to the range. We have gotten to know the special forces guys pretty well and today they took us out to fire some of their weapons. It was an awesome time. I got to shoot a lot of weapons that I will probably never see again, including an AK-47 and a high powered sniper rifle. It was a great experience despite being out in the sun in full body armor as the thermometer read 118 degrees at 11am this morning.
Myself and one of the ER medics getting ready to hit the range at 6am this morning.
Shooting paper targets with the AK-47.
That's me in the crouching stance firing the AK-47.
Me blasting away with th AK-47.
Close up of our paper targets ... gotta love shooting at minature Osama bin Ladens.
Myself and our Orthopedic Surgeon.
G3 sniper rifle with high powered scope.
Me locking and loading the sniper rifle.
This rifle was awesome. I was easily hitting targets on the top of that hill all the way in the background of the picture.
Me taking aim with the scope.
All smiles after a day at the range. Got some complimetns from the special forces guys on my accuracy. Not bad for an ER doc ...

4 comments:
Oh you look so cute, pal. But you're still not keeping a gun in the house...and what the spec ops guys so experienced they don't have to wear body armor? Even around you amateurs?
John Rambo's got nothing on you. Shooting the sniper rifle must have been the coolest thing. Did you keep your little paper Osama's? Keep these great posts coming, time's winding down. Stay safe and take care of yourself.
The D's
When I first read this post I thought "the range" was a golf course. But this is wayyyy cooler! Wow. Are those your specs or are they special "sniper riffle GXZ-2.3 Pi" army issued glasses? Come to think of it...do they have a range of some kind near by to hit golf balls? And did I ask you this already? Stay safe bud!
Pete, never thought I'd say it but, I'm glad you are such a good shot! Keep it up..did you hit the bullseye on the Osama? Happy 4th of July to you and everyone else! We are proud of you all and the fantastic jobs you all do! Love mom and dad xoxo
Post a Comment