The heat that is. Since arriving here in Northern Iraq the weather has been suprisingly pleasant. There is the occassional sandstorm now and then but for the most part it has been sunny with highs in the 80s during the day followed by lows in the 60s at night. This week brought an official start to summer here. The high today was 109 degrees. That's right 109 ... and it's only May. July and August are going to be interesting. I have read that the average temp here during those months ranges from 110-125 degrees. It is getting to the point now where leaving the air conditioned confines of the hospital during the middle of the day to make the 1/2 mile walk down to the dining hall is becoming a tougher decision. Lunch may start to consist of cereal and granola bars just so I can avoid the heat. Take a look at the forecast for the week ahead ... it's not looking much cooler from here on out.


4 comments:
Yikes! How's the A/C in the CHU?
That's the same forecast as San Antonio! And don't worry, I hear it's a dry heat......
wow dude, i hope you packed your spf 100.
onto another topic, i'm sure all of your faithful readers are wondering what you need from a standpoint of supplies, like extra deodorant (b/c of the 109 degrees)let us know.
Wow! That's hot! Maybe even a little hotter than Texas...maybe. Stay cool dear boy, and find a shady spot when you're outside...I love you, Mom xox
Post a Comment