Monday, June 1, 2009

Day# 94 - Recent Pics

Things have been relatively quiet here so not much to write about lately, which I guess is a good thing. The weather is hot, 110 degrees today, and we haven't seen any rain since March. Anyway, I decided to post some recent photos of life here in beautiful Iraq since there hasn't really been much to blog about lately. Some pictures from our Luau this past weekend and other random shots from around the compound.

Hanging out with some of our surgeons and the hospital commander ... notice the cheap plastic leis around the necks.
Trying to make my brothers proud. Even in Iraq we managed to set up a make shift dartboard. My partner and I went 6-0 in Cricket that night so watch out Nick and Mike.
Hanging with some of the other guys from Brooke Army Medical Center

Me and some of the ER staff.

Enjoying a cigar and a near-beer with the boys!
Loading an ER patient on a chopper to fly to Kuwait.
Nice shot of our homemade basketball hoop outside the ER.
Iraqi sunset ... if I try really hard I can almost hear the crashing waves on the beach and taste the ice cold Corona in my hands.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Nice pete, especially the dart board. At least you are keeping your skills sharp for the next Cuniowski dart tournament. Love you, mom

Heather said...

Great pics Pete! What's with the glow-belts??

James Olender said...

I was thinking the same thing Heather. They're like from that movie Cocoon or something. Very cool.

As for other games to play, definitely give Cornhole a shot: click hereGuaranteed it catches on if the gang isn't familiar with it already ;)