Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Day #47 - Combat Stache May You R.I.P

Unforunately, the combat stache has met an uneventful death and was quietly taken out by my Gillette Fusion razor one morning. I want to state up front that I was not the first to break the pact we took that involved shaving our heads and growing a stache. I was actually the last to shave it off. One by one the other guys began bowing out. I held on as long as I could but it got to the point where I could not have a conversation with someone without them trying not to laugh while staring at the pathetic strip of hair above my lips. Some of us just aren't meant to have facial hair and I am definitely one of them. Yet, even though I am clean shaven now I have not completely written off the combat stache. It is going to be a long 4 1/2 months and there is still plenty of time for me to try and redeem myself.

5 comments:

Mike Z said...

You smoked my GPA in college, you have better 'long term earning potential', more kids, a better car, better at sports, but I'm feeling like a big man right now ;) lol, I love the image of you trying to have a serious medical conversation and the other party staring at your scraggly, single digit lip hairs :) I'm glad you gave it a shot though, but I'm sure some of your lady readers are dissapointed. There was a Tom Selleck expectation floating around afterall, that's a hard thing to live up to. Hopefully you're content with being a taller version of Mario Lopez ;)

Mom said...

Listen Pete, why do you think your nickname at work was Dougie? You still are young actually, wait until you are in your forties and try again! love mom

James Olender said...

Very disappointing. You didn't happen to take a pic just before you shaved it ALL off?

You wanna know what's crazy though...is that when I first saw this picture, my first thought wasn't "awww man, why did he shave it?"...my thought was "not bad...it's actually comin' along".

;)

Pete said...

James - you are frigging hilarious.

MikeZ - thanks for your support bro, life is tough for the facial-hair challenged among us. And yes, they were single digit lip hairs that elicited many strange looks.

Anonymous said...

UTUTUTUTUTUTUTUTUTUT