Christen and I have this game we play. We are always trying to do something nice for each other or help make the other person’s day just a little bit better in some special way. Usually when we do this one of us will leave a note for the other person with one simple word “SHMILY.” Usually nothing else is writte
n, but that one word is all that is needed. After leaving San Antonio for my deployment I discovered an item stuffed into the bottom of my duffle bag that I did not remember packing. It was a Ziploc bag that contained one of Christen’s favorite T-shirts. The shirt was covered in her perfume that she always wears and there was a piece of paper with one word written on it … “SHMILY.” This simple gift has become the best comfort item I could have brought with me. One whiff after a bad day or whenever I am feeling lonely instantly erases all those negative feelings and brings back memories of home and the wonderful woman I left behind. What can I say pal, your are the best wife and friend I could ever wish for. And yes, that one word says it all … SHMILY! (See How Much I Love You!).
Monday, March 9, 2009
Day #10 – 09 March 2009 – “SHMILY”
Posted by Pete at 12:21
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You are so sweet!! So happy you have a piece of me to comfort you...I'm always here for you, babe! SHMILY!
Nice back-to back-to-back updates! Not sure when that wife of your's became so sweet, I figured something else was in the bag!! The port-a-potties sound, uh, ok I'm not sure what to say here. Glad the flights went OK, hope Tent City has a good group of soldier in it.
Nice cots. You should totally make bunk beds out of them...you'd have so much room for activities. Do you like guacamole?
Wait...It smells like port-o-potties, I'm stuck in the desert, and there's no birds? What the F happened?
Had to leave you some Step Brothers humor...sorry. What can I say...SCHMILU! In all seriousness, we miss you buddy. When do you start doing doctor stuff? Can't wait to hear about that. By the way...what's the temperature there? Do they require that you drink X gallons of water a day?
Love,
Neutron
OK Pete...no more posts that make all the girls cry!!! (probably some of the boys too) Glad to see that you are doing well!
Post a Comment