Sunday, March 22, 2009

Day #24 - Delta Force







For most of us (well most of the guys at least) the term Delta Force is synonymous with the 1986 hit movie staring Chuck Norris. My first week here I met a guy who is the medic for the real "Delta Force" an elite group of special forces soldiers that is currently operating in Northern Iraq. They like to get to know the ER doc here because if one of their guys gets injured they want to get treated with no questions asked. When they come in there are no records generated in the hospital, they have no identification, and wear unforms with no rank, names or distinguishing patches. They want to be treated and then disappear as quickly as possible. I have had a chance to hang with some of these guys and hear some of their war stories. I can't discuss any details here but when I get back to the states we can talk over a few beers. These guys are truly bad ass ... the real Chuck Norris' of our time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll take you up in an instant for beers and stories! What boy doesn't want to be special forces growing up? I bet those were some intense dudes, glad they're on our side! How has the ER been lately? Hopefully you and your work are busy but not due to trauma if that is possible. Hoping to Skype sometime btw, I think the boys would love it.

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!! delta force are some bad ass super soldiers. Wow you are meeting some interesting people in the hospital pete, love you man, stay safe. Joe

James Olender said...

Wow dude...that's crazy. I want to be in delta force. But then again, I'd probably wind up seeing you in the ER before day 1 was over...so I'll stick to "hanging up shutters and putting up wood paneling force".

I leave you with this amazing Chuck Norris fact: "When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris."

Be well Pete-e,

James

Pete said...

Hey Joey, good to hear from you. Glad you are enjoying the blog. Take care bud.