I have begun to settle into a daily routine here. There have been a relatively low number of patients the last few days. Normally I would be bothered by the lack of work but here when business is slow it means that's because our soldiers are staying safe and no one is taking fire or being attacked. And that is a good thing. When I am not at work my life has come to consist of five activities, as noted in the picture to the left. DFAC = Dining Facility. Little Gym = the "Rocky Balboa" gym, a little room next to the hospital with a dirt floor, punching bags, and rusting dumbells from WWII. Big Gym = complete gym with basketball court, cardio and free weights. Shower = no explanation needed. PX = "Post Exchange", basically a general store or mini-Walmart.
Since people here need to know where I am at all times in case we got a bunch of patients all of a sudden, I was asked to post my where abouts on the door of my CHU. Just in case my pager is not working they can send a runner to go get me. It may seem kind of annoying and "Big Brotherish" but since everyone tends to do the same things day after day, it's not that big of a deal. The hardest part is remembering to mark the correct box whenever I go somewhere. So as you can see my life can now be summed up with five little check boxes ... exciting stuff ... but I have to admit that not having a lot of choices does make life simpler.

4 comments:
this seems like a pretty good system. just don't change your mind on the way to somewhere or you could cause big problems! love you , Mom
before i read the post and just saw the photo, i was a little concerned...i know it's only been a few weeks but didn't know if Chris knew about little and big gym...
Pete: Mike and I pray for all of you everyday! Thank you for keeping us updated - we read this all the time and love it!! We love you! I am so proud to call you my new BIL (Bro in law) and I know Mike is extremely proud of you too!
It's not "big brotherish" at all. You are highly valued and the troops depend on you. Comes with the territory I guess...you rock.
Post a Comment