Had some free time the other day so I took some pics of the hospital and ER to share with everybody since that is where I spend most of my time.
This is the entrance to the hospital and the main drop off point for casualties. The "Silverbacks" seen on the sign is for "Silverback Gorillas" our unit's mascot.
This the Chaplain's office right next to the hospital. Note the gun tower with a 50 cal machine gun turret overlooking the hospital.
Mural right outside hospital doors to remind soldiers to clear their weapons and put the safety on before entering. Accidentally firing your weapon is a big no-no here.
The hospital directory ... pretty hard to get lost in here since everything is on one long hallway.
Entrance to the ER ... where all the cool people hang out.
Two of our eight trauma resuscitation beds. As you can see we have a lot of the same equipment you would find in a hospital or operating room back home in the states.
Waiting for some patients to arrive ...
Looking at a CT scan of the brain for one of our soldiers ...
Just chilling in the ER, waiting for business ...
Monday, March 23, 2009
Day #25 - Photo tour of the ER
Posted by Pete at 04:13
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
I love the signs all pointing right! So, do you wear fatigues or scrubs in the ER? The place is definately clean looking, glad I saw it because I thought it would be smaller. Watch your head on those ceilings btw ;) You look the same as always in the CT scan pic, glad to see that. How do you guys get blood, do you donate constantly or does the Army fly it in regularly?
that's crazy stuff. btw, is that apollo creed's uncle sam hat from rocky 4?
Wow Bri ... great pick up. That is in fact the very same hat that Apollo Creed wore during his last dance in Rocky 4 before Dolph Lungren gave him a permanent TKO.
We actually make the young medics wear it when they screw up as a badge of shame.
Hey Mike, we usually wear our uniforms in the ER, and take our ACU tops off or wear scrub tops when we work on patients. I have already gotten my uniform bloodied up twice this week so I think I'm going with the scrub top from now on.
BTW, they are called ACUs (Army Combat Uniforms) now, not fatigues ... stop living in the 80's bro!
Oh and Mike, I've been keeping up with 24 by downloading it off iTunes so you can stop wasting 10 minutes of your day coming up with alternative story lines. Although you did have me cracking up with the last one. Face transplant is real dude. Someday you may be able to be as good looking as Sean Monette. LOL.
You think it took me 10 minutes to think of my fake 24 angle? I'm dissapointed, more like 10 seconds, cause that's how I roll. You know who finds my jokes funny? Little kids, that's who. I bet Ben and Ryan would laugh. And so would Jenny, Jenny gets me.
Darn, and I thought it was funny. Oh well, I'll just have to start hanging out with Ben, Ry-Guy, and JennA (nice work on that Mike).
Pete - your picture shows only 2 TRB's...where are the others?
WOW! Great pics Pete! I have been showing your blog to my family and they really love seeing what it's like over there. I couldn't get my Dad off the computer the other night...he was reading all of the past posts. Keep up the great work (in the ER I mean)!
Pete - me and the boys just went through every update, they loved the pics of you, especially the gun :) Jacob is happy to see you have a trash barrel in the ER 'in case you need to throw trash away'. I'm typing what they want to say verbatim:
Jacob:
"I don't know. Actually, I'm going to say hi and then I'm going to say remember we have a tractor jeep. Oh, and we have a Diego Quad. Where is the Diego quad daddy, and when are you going to get it out. Hi Pete. We have the Diego quad, that's all, alright?"
Matthew:
"Hi Pete. I hope you are doing well. Is Iraq like Tattoine, all sand? Have you seen any wamp rats there? What's the temperature?"
Mike, thanks for sharing the blog with the kids.
Jacob - We have lots of trash cans cause we usually make a big mess when taking care of patients. I can't wait to see your tractor jeep and Diego quad next time we visit you.
Matthew - Hey bud. You are right, Iraq is a lot like Tattoine, there is lots of sand and it's very dry. I haven't seen any wamp rats yet but I think I saw some Jawas walking around the other day. The weather has been nice. The temperature today was in the 70s, but during the summer it sometimes gets up to 130 degrees in the sun.
Take care and I'll talk to you guys soon.
Even I couldn't get lost with those directions/signs.....ok, maybe I could. Very cool and I am sure that helps Chris to see you and your environment!! We all think it is cool too.
Post a Comment